Kylee & Courtney
I think most women have probably heard of the Allure magazine Beauty Award Winners. I occasionally peruse their articles on great new products. When I recently needed a bottle of body lotion and saw that Allure had given Jergens new Wet Skin Moisturizer an award, I decided to give it a try. Despite what Allure says, can I just say this product is an epic fail for me!
I had heard of the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer from the endless commercials that seem to air on TV. It intrigued me! Something entirely new as far as lotions go. But I was a little hesitant to try it given that Jergens always holds the spot in my mind of overly smelly self-tanning lotion. So when we picked this one, I was legitimately open to to the possibility of Jergens to up their game.
What Courtney loves:
- The concept is great. I’d love to be able to keep my lotion in the shower and use it as soon as I turn off the water. But, for me, this product isn’t worth $6.99. In fact, I will never buy it again.
What Kylee loves:
- The product makes sense! Why wait for your skin to dry out before slathering on lotion? Why not put it on while it’s wet to keep the moisture in instead of covering it up.
- The smell! I may or may not (definitely may) be addicted to coconut so the coconut oil lotion was blissful for me – especially considering their other not so good smelling products.
- It’s cheaper. For a new product trying to occupy a new space in the market, I was impressed that it was only $7.
What Courtney hates:
- It’s sticky. And it’s especially sticky if you apply it to dry skin.
- The product is advertised as a moisturizer but it just sits on the surface of your skin. It’s thin and doesn’t penetrate at all.
- There are several scents available but the scent is so soft I’m not sure why they bothered. And, what little scent there is, has absolutely no staying power. Fail!
- Supposedly this lotion “locks in hydration at the skin’s peak moisture moment for luminous skin.” The real truth is that the lotion has some kind of oil or other ingredient in it that makes your skin shiny….not luminous because your skin is highly moisturized just shiny from some additive.
What Kylee hates:
- I didn’t have a problem with stickiness until I applied it to dry skin, but even then it was minimal and only for a few minutes so I wasn’t overly concerned about this, but still not a highlight.
- You have to apply it on wet skin. I know it sounds stupid because, duh, what was I expecting. But it’s a little inconvenient to only be able to apply it when wet. I get cold after turning the water off so I want to dive into the towel, not spend time applying lotion!
Courtney’s Rating: Never Again! 😱
Kylee’s Rating: Like it
Scale: Never again, Not worth it, Meh, Like it, Love it, Can’t Live Without It