Courtney & Kylee
It’s the end of May and you know what that means? Memorial Day is this weekend! The weather is finally staying warm and the spring showers seem like they are finally coming to an end. So here’s our treat to you this holiday weekend. Our favorite grill recipes that we love to make with family and friends. Never fear if you’ve been put in charge of the food this time around, for we’ve got your backs with easy, stress-free recipes to get you through it without emotional breakdowns. So let’s get to it.
Courtney’s Favorite Grill Recipe:
I love to grill. In fact, I grill year round. Our new place in Vegas has a huge built in Viking Grill that I love using. My favorite food to grill is salmon.
- I marinade a chunk of salmon in a mixture of teriyaki and honey add a drained can of pineapple tidbits or buy salmon already marinated in sweet bourbon.
- Once the fish is prepped, I tear off a sheet of heavy duty Reynolds Wrap, spray it with olive oil or Pam, slap down the salmon, drizzle olive oil on top, add a little salt and freshly group pepper, fresh herbs if I have them.
- Seal up the foil and plunk it down on my pre-heated grill.
- Let it cook about 15-20 minutes later you have fantastic fish.
- Add a side of roasted asparagus and crusty bread. Done!
Kylee’s Favorite Grill Recipe:
One of my favorite grill recipes comes from Cooking Classy and it is Hawaiian Chicken kebabs. They do require a bit more work then grilled salmon, but only slightly. It’s great because this recipe makes it easy to double or triple if you’re cooking for a large bunch this year. Throw them on the grill all at once or have the kiddos build their own skewers with their personal mix of fruits and veggies for a little more interactive fun.
However you decide to do it, you really can’t go wrong with this recipe. It’s great over rice or just by itself! However, if you’re cooking rice alongside it I would recommend doubling the sauce recipe so family and friends can drizzle more sauce on the rice if they choose.