Courtney & Kylee
Hold onto your hats. I’m about to share my most coveted recipe. My children considered it a family heirloom. Years ago, while attending a picnic in the Shenandoah Valley, I had the most delightful slushy punch I’d ever tasted. I asked the hostess for the recipe and she graciously shared. Ever since, it’s been one of my most cherished and requested recipes. In fact, my kids jokingly vote on who I can share the recipe with (Guess I won’t tell them I’m sharing it with the entire internet universe). This punch is particularly wonderful in the summer. It just hits the spot. Warning! “Awesome Punch” is seriously sugary and oh so tasty!
1 (3 oz) Jello (any fruit flavor works great…I like mixed fruit, raspberry, cherry lemonade)
1.5-2 cups sugar
4 cups boiling water
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
42 oz. can pineapple juice
Mix together jello, sugar and boiling water until fully dissolved. Add lemonade concentrate and pineapple juice. Freeze in a large plastic container. Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving. In a large punch bowl, crush/scrape into a slush and add 2 liters of Sprite.
What Courtney loves about Awesome Punch:
- It’s seriously tasty!
- Easy to make.
- Very few ingredients.
- You can change it up by changing the Jello flavor you use.
What Courtney hates about Awesome Punch:
- You need a large capacity Tupperware container to freeze the mix in.
- You need to plan ahead so that the mix has plenty of time to freeze solid in the freezer. I make the mix a 2-3 days ahead of my party or event.
- You need to remember to remove it 2 hours before serving. It’s a very important step.
Recipe rating: Can’t live without it! 😍
Ok growing up with Awesome punch I can definitely verify that it really is all it’s cracked up to be! Make it! It will change your life. But onto my pick. Nothing to me screams summer more than coconut, and being obsessed with the fruit, I couldn’t wait to try the new coconut coolers they offer at P.F. Changs. It did not disappoint! It’s subtle, but oh so sweet. This is one drink you do not need a lot of to feel full and satisfied. Add a little garnish and a lot of ice and this drink will transport you to your own personal beach. You can get the coconut cooler now at the restaurant or you can try out this imitation recipe here by Blahnik Baker. My husband and I tried it last week and can verify it’s very close to the real deal!
What Kylee loves about Coconut Coolers:
- It’s light and refreshing. Perfect for a hot day
- Sooo easy to make. With just a few ingredients it takes mere minutes to whip up.
- It holds for a few days. Though it’s best fresh, you can save it in the fridge for a few days.
What Kylee hates about Coconut Coolers:
- Not all stores carry coconut cream or milk which can make it a hassle to get ingredients.
- It’s rich. Though it tastes light, if you have a little too much suddenly you’ll feel a little sick to your stomach. It’s probably due to all the coconut cream.
Recipe rating: Love it! 💖